Friday

Body networks?

I was recently introduced to an artist named Jenny Saville who also experimented with mapping. However her mapping was done in a slightly different (could be called weird) way. Jenny drew on large women. Mapped out their bodies and then painted them from awkward angles. Strange as hell but the finished result was worth it. The painting shown below is called  plan.
(viewer's discretion advised)


Taking inspiration from this I decided to find a map on my body. Now don't worry i'm not going to strip nude, draw all over myself and take pictures in less than flattering angles. I opted for more discreet images actually going back a little to the start of my project where I had focused on body movements for a while.

Our hands , in a way, are a map of our life. (well so those psychic people tell you anyway) You use them everyday, take them everywhere with you and if you look closely a map of its own forms in your palms after years of living.  





Do peoples ''hand maps''differ depending on their age, lifestyle, where they have been or what they have been through? ....
Now that's a question.

*New idea.

L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment